Sunday, May 4, 2008

AND NOW, IT'S THE FIRST EVER...

Quote of the week!

''As a boy I'm coming up through the sixties so I thought, you know, my late teens, early twenties are gonna be the most radical years of my life and I get there and it's yeah Pete Frampton in a kimono man!''

-Mike Watt, American Hardcore, 2006













Kelly Clarkson- Since U been gone
(No hardcore here but there is some relation between these artists)

I don't know the first thing about punk. I bought a Green Day record when I was 11 and considered it a job well done....Yeah I know, I know but I'm not even joking here people. I mean, I know about bands like Bad Brains, Minutemen and Black Flag but do I listen to it, no. I think punk is one of those 'You had to be there' things, kind of like Drum'n'Base.


I remember meeting some punks when I was 13 or something. I was on my way to my nana's house when I saw these 20-something year old bad asses hanging outside the train station drinking beers and listen to ...., yes, yes, very good, they where listening to punk (lame joke courtesy of Dora the Explorer). So I go up to them and ask if I could pet their dogs (note to pedophiles: puppies still get the job done) and they where like sure, whatever. And I ended up playing with this cute puppy for some time till this big-colored-mohawk guy came squatting next to me offering me a beer. It was one of those tall cans and I thought it was really kind of him and to be fair, I never looked 13...I was born with these tits.
We ended up talking and I started asking all these questions about why he was waiting on the train so long, where he lived and if getting tattoos hurt, your basic 13 year old questions, but apparently punks can relate to 13 year olds quite well. I even let him see my bellybutton piercing, just to show him we did have something in common namely holes in our body.
And inevitably, with him being punk and all, we started talking about his mohawk. I asked him how he did it and then this other guy with a German accent started joking saying he used a lot of sperm, and that they had a jar where they jerked of in that they kept in the fridge for common use. So I asked him what the point was of putting things in a fridge that doesn't work, since they where squatters and lived in a house without electricity. The nice guy thought that was funny and offered to do my hair right then and there. So he got out a comb and a can of hairspray and eventually I had these 2 fullgrown men fixing my hair. Even back then I thought the whole situation was quite comical.
Anyways, it looked awesome and even the German guy approved of it, I also got invited to this party where their band would be playing and I told them I would ask my parents if I could go. So I said thanks and we said our goodbyes.
When I got to my nana's house she said I looked very pretty and I told her the story. And with my grandmother being almost as naive as I am the first thing she said was: 'Ow, that was so nice of them, why didn't you bring them along? I could've made waffles'


NERO

No comments: