Saturday, April 12, 2008

UP NORTH

I love Norway. Whenever I'm there, I just want to take a backpack and walk into the mountains never to be seen again. Apparently, there are a lot of people who actually do this. It is assumed however that it was not their intention never to be seen again.
But just look at this:











Wouldn't you want to do the same?
Picture yourself waking up on a crispy fresh morning with a moose on your front porch! Eating fresh laks and warm wafers with homemade blueberry jam and whipped cream. Soft elk leather. Glaciers the size of Belgium. Fjords deeper than the mountains are high.
All these wonderfull things you can find there and only there.
Occasionally though, wonderful things come out of Norway. Like these guys!


One of my favourite bands is finally coming over again, all the way from coastal Stavanger, to my very home town!! I can't wait to see them live again. Here's a taste of what they sound like. Not my favourite song, but I don't want to bother you with crappy live-footage. I would recommend Hey Jane, but this one will do just fine.

And after that, I think I should really go back north to finally take that long walk in the wilderness. I need a holiday!!

NixX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O I screwed up! They're from Trondheim...

Anonymous said...

So what, I like motorpsycho now, thanks for the tape!

Anonymous said...

"Glaciers the size of Belgium?!? Fjords deeper than the mountains are high?!"
I'm sorry but you could not have turned me of quicker. But i'm a pussy and nature scares me.