Friday, February 15, 2008

The Happiness of Sweeny Todd

Talking about films: what is up with the fucking hype about Sweeny Todd?? I mean, I haven't seen the movie myself, but seriously. All this talk about Johnny Depp being 'such a great singer'. My ass! I happen to be a big Depp-fan, but I have seen some promo's and trust me, the man can NOT sing. Judge for yourself:

Not such a big success, ey? But maybe I'm not the best person to judge. I've never been much of a musical fan. But I do have a favourite! It is by the wonderful Japanese director Miike Takashi. This man is one of the most productive filmmakers ever with over 60 films in 13 years! He is mostly known for his very violent films, such as Ichi the Killer, Visitor Q, the Dead Or Alive trilogy and Hostel. All the more reason to be surprised by this comic musical he squeezed out in between: Katakuri-ke no kôfuku, also known as: The Happiness of the Katakuris!

Trust me, it kicks serious ass. By the way, Nero wants to add that her dad is a gay pussy because he wants to live on Musical-lane (who on earth would WANT to name a street that?!)
And another by the way: Visitor Q is promoted as the most shocking and horrible film Takashi ever made. So I had my hopes set high when I saw that! But I was a bit disappointed when all it turned out to be was a lot of milk flying around and a father having sex with his daugther in a whore-house. So I'm up for a challenge! Anyone who has some good shocking tips: bring it on!
And by shocking I DON'T mean two girls and one cup.....

NixX

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! But sweety why, for the love of god, did you have to put the 2 girls and a cup link in there. Christ!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I know, I´m really sorry! But hey, we have to earn this ´shock´ warning somehow, don´t we?

Anonymous said...

Okay, fine did you watch it?

Anonymous said...

Of course! But only the link I posted which is only a very short summary. And with the sound off of course.. Yuch. But hey that's why I put it in a link! So people can decide for themselves whether or not they are stupid enough to go and watch it.