Saturday, March 1, 2008

THE PERMANENT JET LAG


I 'suffer' from DSPS, what basically means that I'm to lazy to get up in the morning and to afraid of the dark to close my eyes at night. I've tried to get into the 'normal' routine, trust me. I've tried it North Korean all the way.
Wake 'Normal' people up at 7:00 for 3 weeks and eventually they will get tired somewhere between 21:00 and 01:00. My biological clock however does not adjust itself, wake me at 7:00 and I'll be tired all day till about 22:00. This will be the turning point and it's around this time that I will start to get active again. And this will eventually result in midday breakdowns and 38 hour days.
But I tried...And after 25 exhausting (and drug free I might add) days, I went back to the doctor who basically told me I looked like shit and that I should get some sleep.

What do I do at night in the city that always sleeps? I used to go for a nice nighttime walk....but that was before I moved to a neighborhood where the police turns on their siren just to drive through it. So I surf the world wide web, I read, I write, I play piano, I take 3 hour baths, I practice Italian, I dance, I iron, I stare at my pores, I play bass, I study Japanese or I try to learn how to juggle with 3 apples and one orange.
But most of the time I just lie in the dark smoking one cigarette after another while listening to this:








Red Garland-Please Send Me Someone to Love

So it's now 10:36 on a lame Sunday morning and after posting this I'm going to fold some more laundry, put on my pink sleeping mask and then get some sleep.

Have a great day people!


NERO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Darlink, is there anything you DON'T suffer from?! Anyway, the music is very cool. I can see you there, lying in the dark.. smoking... maybe.. naked? Oooooooooe.